At Detroit Behavioral Institute – Capstone Academy we are dedicated to helping each child and adolescent who comes to us with a variety of mental health and behavioral problems by providing them with superior treatment in a residential treatment setting. Detroit Behavioral Institute is a residential mental health treatment program, which is located at two separate sites on the same campus. Our main location provides therapeutic interventions to adjudicated youth between the ages of 10 to 19 in a secure setting. Our North location is home to our Apex program, which provides therapeutic interventions for non-adjudicated youth between the ages of 12 to 19 in a structured setting.
Each one of our specialized treatment programs is dedicated to help each patient find life-long commitment to personal growth and development in order to achieve and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Furthermore, we aim to provide treatment that empowers and strengthens youth when it comes to the development of prosocial skills, which will also have a positive impact on their families and the community at large. Our residential program offers gender specific and issue specific programming, which has been broken down into several distinct units. These units and their specific populations include:
- Matrix Program: Adjudicated males, 12 – 19 year olds diagnosed with a serious emotional disturbance
- Harmony Program: Adjudicated females, 12 – 19 year olds diagnosed with a serious emotional disturbance with a history of behavioral concerns
- Horizon Program: Adjudicated males and females, 12 – 19 year olds who are cognitively impaired and struggling with serious emotional disturbances
- Serenity Program: Adjudicated high risk females, 12-19 year old diagnosed with a serious emotional disturbance and have a history of trauma
- Summit Program: Adjudicated males and females, 10-12 year old diagnosed with a serious emotional disturbance, trauma, and behavioral concerns
- Visions Program: Adjudicated males, 12-19 years old diagnosed with emotion disturbances and substance abuse concerns
- Apex Program: Non- adjudicated high risk males and females, 12-19 years old diagnosed with a serious emotional disturbance
In addition to our therapeutic methods all residents will be able to further their educational opportunities by attending Capstone Academy Charter School, which is located within our treatment center. Our education services are provided in a school environment with a traditional classroom setting, which offers both credit recovery and graduation planning.
No matter what a child’s mental health, behavioral, or emotional struggles may be the staff at Detroit Behavioral Institute – Capstone Academy is fully qualified to help each patient learn socially acceptable behaviors that will lead to a healthy and happy life.